Step One: Are You Leptin Resistant?
- The Leptin Rx…FAQs
- Overweight, large appetite and craving carbs are signs you’re Leptin Resistant.
- If you are fit and in decent shape, then your reverse T3 will be elevated, also indicating you’re Leptin Resistant
Step Two: Follow a strict Paleolithic diet
- For best results follow the diets outlined in The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet by Robb Wolf
or The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
Step Three: Eat within 30 minutes of rising
- Make sure breakfast is little to no carbs (less that 50 grams)
- LOTS of protein (50-75 grams)
- Overweight: limit carbs to 25 grams
- Fit: less than 30 carbs
- DO NOT count calories
Step Four: How to eat/use your fuel (most important)
- NO SNACKING! Snacking destroys timing and circadian clocks that work in unison with Leptin
- Most will notice a change in cravings within 4-6 weeks
- Eat 3 meals a day initially (as your hunger and cravings fade you can adapt to 2 a day)
Other DOs and DON’Ts
- Do not work out before or after breakfast (if you must work out do it after 5pm)
- Do allow 4-5 hours between dinner and bedtime
- Trouble sleeping? Do 3-5 minutes of body weight exercises (i.e. pushups or squats)
Signs it’s working:
- Change in your sweating pattern
- Energy levels will rise
- Hunger and cravings will become less and eventually disappear
- When you awaken you will feel refreshed and well rested
- Men: quicker weight loss
- Women: Mood changes (calmer/sleepy), then sleep will improve. Clothes will fit differently and weight loss will occur if you continue the program
*Note: When all signs are present, I recommend exercise with heavy weights
- For breakfast: Pastured/organic eggs; grass fed meat, poultry and fish; protein shakes (less ideal)
- Cooking oils when using carbs: (liberal amounts) butter, heavy cream, coconut oil, or palm oil.
- Avoid nut or seed oils in initial stages.